Home > News and Events
Activities : 1. 14.11.2019 –Children’s Day was celebrated and The second Alumini meet was held.
2. 18.11.2019 – Vice Principal attended a seminar on career guidance organized by the
Times of India.
Principal attended a session on ‘Gandhian thoughts and Education today’ by the
great grand son of Gandhiji Mr. Thushar Gandhi.
3. 27.11.2019 - Principal attended a session on Learning eco-system organized by Codissia
4. 30.11.2019 –The Principal and senior teachers were felicitated for having centum results
theAward Function held at Alverniaby Dr. Karuppusamy, Director ofMatriculation
Schools, CEO and DEOs
In a record making contest by the Limca Book of Records, 9 students
participated in a Coding contestand presented to representatives from Google,
Paypal etc. and one team of 3 students were declared the Smart coders of
Coimbatore and was awarded with Certificates, Medals and a cash prize of
5.02.12.2019 – All the members the staff attended the Tamil Ilakkiya Charal session
6.03.12.2019 – NCC Unit inspection was held.
184.108.40.2069 – A career guidance programme was organized for the students of XI & XII by
Defense Academy, Coimbatore.
220.127.116.119 - Half yearly exams starts from today.
Inter-School Sports and Games:
i)37 students participated in 2 different events
ii)SelvanNataraj of Std. XI participated in National Level Judo Championship at
New Delhirepresenting Tamilnadu.
iii)SelviApurva of Std. VIII A stood the 6 th among more than 1000 participants and
received a cash prize of Rs.500/- in the mini Marathon
Inter-School Cultural and literary Events:
i)176 students participated in Ascent competition
Activities : 1. 12.10.19 Young India – Yi Thahlir (NGO) organized a programme on “Social holistic
development” for the students of Std.VI – VIII
2. 17.10.19 New Life Society (NGO) organized an orientation programme on “Soft skills and
social well being” for the students of Std. IX to XII
3. 18.10.19 World Hand Wash Day was celebrated by training the children on methods of
hand washing and self-hygiene.
4. 20.10.19 As our school was the centre for “Akasha Entrance Exam” 223 of our students
from VIII to XII got the opportunity to appear for the same free of charges.
5. 22.10.19 Our children participated in the cultural events in the Founder’s Day programme.
And meritorious ones were awarded.
Govt Programme of Vaccination TD(Diphtheria& Tetanus) was given to all the students
except students of Std.I, V & X by the Govt. doctors.
6. 23.10.19 Govt. Sponsored Film “Karavai Katrapin” was shown to all the classes.
7. 25.10.19 KG wing has celebrated ‘Yellow day”,
A short Diwali Celebration was held.
8. 26.10.19 Our students stood the 2 nd in the National Ayurveda Day Quiz organized by the
9. Inter-School Sports and Games: 52 students participated in 3 different events and 10
were selected to the State Level.
10. Inter-School Cultural and literary Events: 230 students participated in 5 different events.
SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER 2019
Activities : 1. 02.10.19 – One student stood the first in the State Level Judo Championship and
will represent at the National Level – Selvan Natarajan, Std. XI B.
2. 04.10.19 – Sri Ramakrishna Aditya College conducted a Quiz Competition for Students of XI & XII
3. 06.10.19 – Two students represented the Coimbatore Dist in the State Level 5th Sub – Junior Net Ball Championship at Madurai.
4. 08.10.19 – This year we have got 17 admissions during the Vijayadashami season. The strength as on today is 935 against the closing strength of 904 at the end of last year.
AUGUST - SEPTEMBER 2019
Activities : 1. 13th & 14th Aug.2019: PTM was held for the students of Std X & XI and Std. I to IX & XII respectively.
2. 15.08.19: Independence Day Celebration was held in the assembly ground. Dr. Joby, Director, External affairs was the chief guest. In his message he spoke to the parents, students and teachers about being focused on one’s goal. The same day Rangoli competition was held for students of Std. VI to XII.
3. 16.08.19: A Teachers’ orientation programme was held on “teachers as leaders”, Mrs. Saramma, Principal of RVS nursing college was the resource person. The session gave an insight into the teachers’ lives and was an eye open for them.
4. 16.08.19: State level inter school yoga competition was held at Decathlon. Four of our students won prizes. One student Selvi Viveka of Std. VII stood the first in her category and was selected to the International Level Competition in Malaysia.
An Aptitude test was conducted by BYJU’S Educational App for Classes from IV to IX.
5. 17.08.19: A one day picnic was arranged for the staff members. We visited Isha Yoga, Karunya etc
6. 17.08.19 to 26.08.19: RDC group selection camp was held at RVS Technical campus, Kannampalayam. Two cadets - one from class IX A Selvi Roshini and the other Selvi Taryn from IX B were selected to attend the camp. Among them Selvi Roshini is selected for the RDC Training Camp-1 KK Chavadi near Palakkad main road from 7th to 16th September
7. 20.08.19: An introductory Session was held by Akash Education Application for the students from VIII to XII.
8. 21.08.19: Inter-School Junior boys volleyball match was held at Kathir Vidhya Mandir. And U14 boys kho-kho was also held there and the team held the runner up trophy
9. 22.08.19: Inter-School Junior girls Kho-Kho match was held at Kathir Vidya Mandir.
10. 12. 24.08.19: Spoken English class was held for all the staff members under the guidance of Mr. V.M Rangasamy a retired PGT English.
11. 26.08.19 and 27.08.19: Athletic events were held at KPR college for boys and girls from Std VI to VIII Ms. Apurva of class VIII A got the third prize in 600 meters running race.
Ms. Joy Mercy of VIII A got the second prize in 200 meters running race.
12. 27.08.19: Fevi art session was held at the assembly ground. 96 students from Std III to VIII were taught to draw designs on cotton cloth using colours and other materials.
13. 28.08.19: ‘Yi Thalin’, a holistic development programme, was held at VM hall for the students of Std IX to XII.
U14 girls Inter School Basket ball match was held at Kathir Vidya Mandin and they were the winners. U17 Girls Inter School Basket ball match was held at Kathir Vidya Mandin and they were the runners.
U19 girls Inter School Basket ball match was held at Kathir Vidya Mandin and they were the winners. U17 Girls Inter School Basket ball match was held at Kathir Vidya Mandin and they were the runners.
14. 29.08.19: Live speech of PM Modi on launching Fit India movement was telecasted in the classroom through smart board for Std. VIII and IX. At the end of the session a pledge was also taken by students under the leadership of Mr. Prime Minister.
15. 30.08.19: Painting competition was held at SASI Art. 93 students from Std VI to IX participated.
16. 31.08.19: A Session on Robotic Programming and Algorithm development was held at KGISL college, Saravanampatti. Beneficiaries were Sc. students Std XI & XII with Computer Programming subjects.
17. 31.08.19: On the day of World Photography Day, a Photography competition was held at Hindusthan College, D. Amithesh of XII B held the 7th place out of 70 participants students from schools and colleges.
18. 03.09.19: Spell Bee Exam was held. 50 students participated from Std. III to VIII
A session on Road safety and traffic rules by Maruthi Driving School, was held in the VM hall for students of Std VIII to X.
19. 04.09.19: Cultural competitions were held at Michael Job School. Participants were from KG & Std VI – IX. Our school bagged five first prizes and two third prizes in different categories.
20. 05.09.19: Teachers’ Day Celebration was solemnized with cultural programmes, games for teachers etc. Students of Std. XII took over the teaching that day and three best among them were awarded. The Chief Guest of the Day was Mr. Muthurajah, State President, TNSCDA & Technical Manager of District Survey Office, Collectrate
Mrs. Bagyalakshmi, the Vice principal of RVS School, was selected as one of the best teachers from Coimbatore District and was awarded by the Minister for Education at Chennai. The award included a citation, A silver medal and Rs. 10,000 in cash.
21. 06.09.19: A session was conducted by IDF, on leadership training. The participants were from Std. VII to IX.
22. 06.09.19: A meeting was held for discussing various matters with Mr.Dhamu, a famous film personality and sincere follower of Dr. A.P.J Abdulkalam with the teachers of Std VIII to XII.
23. 07.09.19: A Full Day session was held in the Kalam hall for the Parents and Students of Std. VIII to XII. There were about 550 participated in all. The session was on “let us celebrate Exams” The Resource person was Mr. Dhamu, a famous cine artist. The programme emphasized on how to overcome exam fear, and duties/responsibilities of student, teacher and parent. Beloved Trustee Sir, CE Sir, PRO Sir, Principal and Vice-Principal of the Arts and Sc College, Dr. Joby and Mr. Vineeth attended the programme. While offering a big thank you to the management, we look forward to having many sessions in the same manner may be for all the classes.
The State Awardee, Vice principal, Mrs. Bagyalakshmi was honored and felicitated on the occasion.
24. 09.09.19: Mrs. RevathiLakshmi, KG Coordinator, represented the school in the Principals & Educators Conclave organized by The Hindu & TCS, at Hotel Vivanda at Coimbatore.
JUNE - JULY 2019
Activities : 1. Project CACA seminar cum teachers’ Orientation programme was held on 14.06.2019 Mrs.Rohini and Mrs. Seethalakshmi attended the meeting at Ramakrishna Matric. Hr. Sec.School, Coimbatore.
2. Health-Set-Go Medical screening and check up camp was held from 17.06.2019 to 20.06.2019 in the school’s Auditorium. Class wise check-up was held under the care of 13 doctors from PSG. 888 students benefitted.
3. Two renowned American teachers were given a warm traditional welcome in our school campus during the morning assembly on 20.06.2019. They will be here coaching the teaches on modern methodology for a month’s time. ie. Upto 20.07.19
4. International Yoga Day Celebration was held in our school from 7.00 – 8.00 AM under the
Leadership of Mrs.Rohini. NCC cadets performed Yoga in the assembly ground on 21.06.19.
5. On 24.06.2019 NCC AIR WING officers visited our school to finalize on the NCC ‘CATC’ 10 day training
6. 28.06.2019 – 29.06.2019 Science Exhibition was held at KPR College. 23 Students from Std.IX &
XII have participated.
7. Tamil Essay writing was organized by Nehru Academy on 29.06.2019 in our School campus. 167 students took part in the same.
8. On 01.07.2019, A Staff meeting was held in the Auditorium chaired by Secretary Sir. He briefed on the present plan and expectations of the Management. He awarded the confirmation letter of Principal – In-charge being promoted to Principal and the letter confirming Mrs. Revathilakshmi as the KG Supervisor.
9. Evening Coaching classes began for Std. I – IX from 02.07.2019
10. NCC AIR WING CATC (training camp) is going on. It was started on 03.07.19 and will end on 13.07.2019. 500 cadets, 50 officials and the Commanding Officer is participating.
11. A Variety cultural competitions were held on 06.07.2019 at HINDUSTHAN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. 73
students participated in different events and were honoured with mementos.
12. Career Guidance Programme was organized for the students of Std. XI & XII by Mr. Muralidharan,
Founder Director of Career Design Academy on 09.07.2019.
13. With a view to improve the discipline, English speaking etc. Class wise mementos were awarded on 09.07.2019 for: Boys in Best Uniform Class, Best Bulletin Board, Best Black Board, Most Disciplined Classes, Cleanest Class, Best English Speaking Class etc.
14. Polling was held on 09.07.2019 in front of Principal’s Office for forming the School Cabinet thorough School election.
15. Class Wise Monthly Syllabus and Question Paper pattern along with Annual Planner and Time Table for Exams is prepared in PDF and sent in the concerned class groups on 10.07.2019.
16. Sports and Games competitions were organized by the Karunya University Campus on 10.07.2019 and 11.07.2019. 56 from our school participated in different events.
Activities : 1. School was closed on 10th of April for students. We had centum result this year also. The toppers
a. in Std. X Master Raghul scored 469 out of 500
b. in Std. XI – Master Bhuvaneshwaran – 546 out of 600
c. in Std. XII – Miss Sathvika – 554 out of 600
2. We had arranged for selling of books, uniform, bags, shoes etc. in the school during the holidays and sale is continuing. Teachers were taking turns to do the same and manage the admissions.
3. We have reversed the trend of declining strength and we have got 160 new admissions and 41 old students to Std. XI this year. The total is 201 Lessening the out going students there is an increase of 28 this year as of today. The strength at the end of 2018-19 was 904 and now it is 932.
4. Reopening day for the teachers was 25th of May
5.Teachers attended classes on basics of English and fundamentals of Computers for seven days from 25.06.19
6.School reopened on 03.06.19
7. Spell Bee – State Prelim Winners were awarded on 07.06.19 with Medals & Cash prizes. Two students are selected for the State Level Grand Finale
8. Two teachers attended workshop on Child Abuse and Bullying and the methods of preventions on 12.06.19 organized by Project CACA, Delhi, at Coimbatore
2018 - 2019
APRIL - JUNE 2019
Activities : 1. Turn wise duty for the teachers is from 22.04.19 to 24.05.19 and the regular attendance
for teachers starts from 25.05.19. Admissions, distribution of books, uniform etc. will be looked after by the teachers and the office staff during
the holidays. Distribution of books and uniform cloths will begin on 15.05.19.
2. Summer camp for the students is arranged from 11.04.19. Sports & games, Karate, Judo, Silambam, Dance, Music, Spoken English and Hindi are arranged.
We are awaiting a good response.
Activities : 1. A one day trip was arranged on 30.03.19 for the students of Std. X to visited GD museum, Coimbatore
01 FEB 2019
Activities : Helmet Awarness Programme was organized by Exide Life Insurance from 9:30 am. to 10:20 am. Students of Std IX participated for the programme
at the main gate instructing people on the road.
02 FEB 2019
Activities : Science Expo – 2019 was organized on 02.02.2019 from 9 a.m to 1.30 p.m. There were about 125 exhibits. Dr. Shivkumar, Principal, RVS Arts and Sc College inaugurated the Expo.
Visitors included VIPs from our campus and parents.
04 FEB 2019
Activities : A Career Guidance programme was organized by the team from the Nursing College. and Chutti Vikatan competition was held in the assembly ground in which 100 students took part.
05 FEB 2019
Activities : PTM was held for students of Std XII and X between 3:45 and 6:00 pm.
06 FEB 2019
Activities : Preparatory Career Guidance Session was held for students of XI & XII Sc. Batch by Dr. Kritika.
07 FEB 2019
Activities : Board Going students of Std X and XII attended a session on “Fear Free Approach to Exams” by Mr.Lakshmanan CEO, Metrology and Behavioural science and consultancy, Coimbatore.
12 FEB 2019
Activities : A Career Guidance programme will be held by Mr. Joby
13 FEB 2019
Activities : Second round of Career Guidance programme will be organized by Dr. Kritika
25 FEB 2019
Activities : A programme on Myths of Magic and a 3D show will be organized for student of Std. LKG to Std. IX
03 JAN 2019
Activities : Std. VI to VIII Science teachers had and orientation programme on content, worksheet and Question Papers from Eupheus Learning Pvt. Ltd.
04 JAN 2019
Activities : All the members of the staff except the ones conducting classes for X, XI and XII had a session on Child Evaluation and Understanding by MI Guru Educating Intelligence from Genes India Pvt. Ltd.
05 JAN 2019
Activities : Mini Planetarium show was organized for students from KG to Std. IX. 302 Students from KG to IV had their 3D cartoon show and 245 students from V to IX had their planetarium topics.
10 JAN 2019
Activities : Demo on Science Exhibition Practical Kits will be organized for the Sc faculty by the team from the Next Education.
11 JAN 2019
Activities : Ten students are participating in different inter-school competitions in Michael Jobs School.
11th & 12th JAN 2019
Activities : 11th and 12th of January, from 3:45 to 6:00 pm. we are holding the Parents’ Teachers’ Meeting of the Half Yearly Exams. For Std. X, XI and XII half the roll numbers on 11th and the
second half on 12th. For all the others its on 12th.
5th & 13th JAN 2019
Activities : From 05th to 13th of January 38 students are participating in different events conducted in connection with Sulur
9th JAN 2019
Activities : A full day work shop for all the teachers on “Methods of conceptual Clearance in Modern Education System” will be
organized by the team from Ratnasagar Publications.
ACMS(Academic Committee of Matriculation Schools) will be awarding the Long Serving teachers for their service for 25 or more years of contribution in the field of Education at a function at Saravanampatti.
They will be felicitated by CEO, Coimbatore, DEOs of 5 districts and KGISL.
15 OCT 2018
Judo Divisional Tournament
STUDENT NAME: Deepika – IX B Harriny – XII B Akshada- XII B (CASH AWARDS)
4 Students : I PRIZE; 4 students : II PRIZE; 9 students : III PRIZE
13 OCT 2018
Interschool competition-maths quiz, Spell Bee, Idea talk, science quiz
HELD AT : Sakthi Engineering College
REMARK : 71 students participated
13 OCT 2018
Interschool cultural competition
HELD AT : DIVYODAYA, COIMBATORE
STUDENT NAME : Vishagan- UKG : (I PRIZE); Veena Devi- VII : (I PRIZE)
REMARK : 10 students participated
SPELL BEE Competition
HELD AT : RVS SCHOOL.
STUDENT NAME : 214 students selected for the 2nd level
PRIZE : 2nd level
09 OCT 2018
Chitram–Interschool painting competition
HELD AT : Sasi Architecture School, Ottakalmandapam
REMARK : 53 students participated and recived certificate
08 OCT 2018
3rd International championship tournament
STUDENT NAME : Nishanth- VI B :(II PRIZE); Gokul- VI A :(III PRIZE); Kalaiamuthan- VIII B :(I PRIZE); Akshada- XIIB :(Consolation Prize)
18 AUG 2018
Saraswathi Educational Publishers - story writing in english
HELD AT : RVS School
PRIZE : 4 students got 1st prize and 5 students got 3rd prize
REMARK : 2 students got consolation prize
23 JULY 2018
Talent Initaters and Accelerator- Drawing, colouring, English-Essay writing
HELD AT : RVS School
PRIZE : 13 students received momentoes and certificates
2017 - 2018
24 to 26 NOV 2017
VII National Rural Games 2017
HELD AT : Gnanodaya international school, Namakkal.
STUDENT NAME : Kavin Kumar
PRIZE : I PRIZE
11 NOV 2017
Judo State level competition
HELD AT : Sri Ram CBSE school, villipuram.
STUDENT NAME : Nagaiyan- IX B
PRIZE : III PRIZE
04 NOV 2017
Elite circle Interschool National level Literacy &cultural Meet competition
HELD AT :Coddissia
STUDENT NAME : Group dance- senior girls : I PRIZE; 64 students won prizes In various competitions : School won III Runner up trophy
REMARK : 215 students participated in various competitions
13 OCT 2017
HELD AT : Hindustan college of engineering and technology
STUDENT NAME : Group dance
PRIZE : I prize with cash prize 5000/-
10 OCT 2017
HELD AT : RVS School
STUDENT NAME : 10 students zonal winners, 18 students- inter school winners, 24 students school winners; Dhanushree- VI A ; Harriny.B- XI B : (CASH PRIZE).
REMARK : 164 students participated
06 SEP 2017
Judo Divisional competition
HELD AT :Sri. Vishawathi Matriculation school, kotagiri
STUDENT NAME :11 students Enter into next level
PRIZE : I PRIZE
REMARK : 24 students participated
01 AUG 2017
HELD AT : Hindustan college of engineering and technology
STDUENT NAME : Group dance
PRIZE :I prize with cash prize 5000/-
REMARK :All the students have received school bag.
25 JUNE 2017
HELD AT : Oxford Matriculation School, Singanallur
STUDENT NAME : Suraj- X;Mugunthan- IX;Nagaiyan-IX :(I PRIZE)
24 FEB 2017
Palaniyappa brothers- Tamil Essay writing competion
HELD AT : RVS school
STUDENT NAME : M. Monisha shri- XII B ; N. Harriny- XII B : (CASH PRIZE Rs. 500)
19 FEB 2017
Sensei Cyril selvam Memorial Kumtei Trophy- 2017
HELD AT : Sri rangasamy Kalyana mandapam, cbe
STUDENT NAME : Nagayian- IX B
PRIZE: III prize
14 JAN 2017
Sulur Pongal Vizha
HELD AT : Sulur
STUDENT NAME: QUIZ competition and Science Exhibition
PRIZE: Overall shield
08 OCT 2017
Mathura Dance academy - Interschool Dance competition
HELD AT : Muthugowdanpudur
STUDENT NAME : III-V CATEGORY Group dance
PRIZE : I prize& best choreography award
2016 - 2017
26 OCT 2016
Devaram Thiru Vasagam Recitation
HELT AT : Vinayaga Vidhyalaya, Karamadai
STUDENT NAME : Vinayaga Vidhyalaya, Karamadai
PRIZE : III PRIZE
REMARK : He had honoured by Governer of Megalaya & Arunachal Pradesh
16 OCT 2016
URAM Drawing competition
HELD AT : SRS Thirumanamandapam, sulur
STUDENT NAME : 36 students
PRIZE :36 students won the prizes and momentoes
03 SEP 2016
Ascent state level competition
HELD AT : Conduct by GO SMART Academy- held at RVS matric. Hr. Sec. School
STUDENT NAME : Indudharshini- XI A
PRIZE : I prize with cash prize Rs.2000/-
REMARK : 419 students were participated in Various competitions in which 112 have won the prizes- 15 students were zonal winners,
33 students were Inter-School Winners,64 students were school winners. Our school has won the title as “BEST ENGLISH ESSAY WRITERS”.
27 AUG 2016
9th IMGKA International do tournament
HELD AT : Kumarankottam, sulur
STUDENT NAME :Akshada-XA
PRIZE : III prize
06 to 07 AUG 2016
10th National open Karate Championship
HELD AT :Hindustan Karate do federation- Tirupur
STUDENT NAME : Marimuthu- XB
PRIZE : III prize
03 JULY 2016
District Level- Judo Tournament
HELD AT : Laurel Matric.Hr.Sec.school, kavundapalayam
STUDENT NAME : Harshad-XI A : (I PRIZE); Suraj-IXB : (II PRIZE)
REMARK : Harshad Selected for the State level tournament
Sothern India Multiple District
HELD AT : Lions Quest Foundation- workshop at RVS Capmus
STUDENT NAME : Ten teachers
REMARK : Honoured with Certificates.